Saturday, June 10, 2017

Life is

Hi y'all.

Been a long time, hasn't it?  I'm still alive, stressed to the max, but alive none the less.  Hope y'all have been good and living your life YOUR way!!

A bit of a warning here, I'm about to go on a rant.  Yeah, big surprise, right?  LOL  So, if you don't want to hear it, I suggest you leave now.  Otherwise, grab the popcorn and your favorite beverage and hold on, it's about to get real!

When did this country descend into the unbelievable realms of stupidity in which we now reside??

I mean seriously, "safe spaces", "toxic masculinity" and "gender neutrality"?!?!  What the actual fuck??

Then there is the ideology that we are responsible for each others happiness!!  Really?

Let's break this down, okay?

The majority of people that are whining, yes I used that word, about these subjects belong to the generation that got a trophy for simply showing up......not for winning, or even for playing but for SHOWING UP!!  They are young people that have, in my opinion, unformed ideas that they are attempting to force upon the rest of us.

I have nothing against young people.  I like them, for the most part.  Hell, I used to BE one!  ( yes it was long, long ago and in a far away place.....blah, blah, blah)  But some of these ideas are, excuse the aggression here (notice I didn't say PASSIVE aggression, which is an oxymoron, but whatever), totally bat-shit crazy!

"Safe spaces"?  Hell, if you are old enough and, *cough *cough, intelligent enough to use this phrase, then you SHOULD be old enough AND intelligent enough to remove your ass from a situation where you DO NOT FEEL SAFE, and go somewhere else!!  Your apartment is a good suggestion, or even your parent's house, a church, a synagogue, a masque,  some place  YOU, personally, feel safe.  It is not MY, nor any other adult's, responsibility to provide another ADULT with a "safe space".  That is what you do for CHILDREN, not for ADULTS.  LIFE IS NOT SAFE!  IT IS NOT EASY AND AT TIMES IT SUCKS.  Deal with it, the rest of we ADULTS have to!

"Toxic Masculinity"?  Okay, if a man is one of those pumped up, steroid using psychos, FINE, that is toxic masculinity, I'll give you that.  IF a man is out pillaging and raping, sure I'd say he's suffering from toxic masculinity.   The "cure" of "toxic masculinity" seems to be "man buns" and rompers for men as well as men crying and basically acting like babies.  Male and Female are DIFFERENT, it's genetic, not learned.  Once again, DEAL WITH IT, the rest of us have to.  Personally if some twerpy dude with a "man bun" in a romper would attempt to ask me out, I'd have to be resuscitated because I would literally DIE laughing at them.  Not because they approached me, but because IT IS RIDICULOUS FOR A MAN TO #1 wear a bun #2 wear a "romper" (it's ridiculous for anyone over the age of four to wear a romper, but that is a different rant)  I have NO desire to share my hair ties, or any hair products I use when my male companion.  And the only male I will be seen in public with is my grandson....he looks cute in his, but then again, he's 2!

"Gender neutrality"?  What?  Last I checked we are genetically either male, female or both.  There is NO neutrality.  Yes, you can change your outward appearance, I have friends that have become who they believed they should be.  I have absolutely NO problem with that.  Do what makes you happy!  More power to you!  But to say that gender neutrality is an actual thing?  Nah, that's too much for this old broad!

I saw a man, and I'm using that word very loosely, that has 110 surgeries, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, to become an "asexual alien".  Yeah, you heard me correctly, an asexual alien.
Makes me wonder if this guy realizes what "asexual" actually means, or if he is just suffering from a mental disorder.  

Either way it made me realize something.

My generation raised children without limits.  We told them "you can be anything you want to be!" thinking we were encouraging them to become doctors, lawyers, scientist or even the President.  Instead we have created a generation that things "being anything you want to be" means becoming an asexual alien or "identifying as a hippo" (yeah, there is a woman that "identifies" as being neither male or female or even asexual, but as a fucking hippopotamus!!)  We raised our kids with no limits, but also with no sense of personal responsibility and/or common sense.

To give you a perfect example of how badly we have screwed the pooch let me tell you a story.  I have personally been blamed for someone else's unhappiness.  Yes, you heard me, I had a young person (not related) blame me for the fact that she is miserable in her life!!  SERIOUSLY??  How, exactly, am I responsible because you have a shit job, no friends and drive a junk car?  Hell, I HAVE A SHIT JOB AND DRIVE A JUNK CAR!!  But you know what IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO CHANGE THOSE THINGS, THE SAME WAY IT IS THAT YOUNGER WOMAN'S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHANGE HER LIFE!!

I am sick to death of being personally blamed for someone else being unhappy!!  It is NOT my responsibility!  IT IS EACH OF OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND HAPPINESS IN OUR OWN LIFE!!

And guess what darlin.  YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A PARTICIPATION TROPHY FOR SIMPLY BEING BORN!!  You heard me, you do NOT receive a trophy for being alive!  Being alive IS the trophy!  And Life is NOT fair, you will NOT be handed every single thing you want, you will NOT always back a winning bet, you will NOT always get your way.

COME BACK TO REALITY AND DEAL WITH IT!!

If you have made it this far, thank you for your time.  If not, well, it doesn't matter what I say because you are not here, right??  

Have a good one y'all!  And remember, YOU are responsible for YOUR life!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. We are feminizing men and masculating women.

    ReplyDelete